What we offer
We are a healthy, rapidly growing company with a tremendous opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering Intern. We offer the chance to work in an environment where taking initiative and ownership of your work is part of the job, and we are relentless about improvement. We celebrate each other’s wins and demonstrate a high level of respect for every team member. We believe that going the extra mile separates the average person from the extraordinary “A” player.
Who WE are
Séura is a company with the mind of an engineer and the soul of a designer. We design and manufacture technology that accentuates designed spaces and allows homeowners, hotel guests and commercial patrons to get more out of every space.
Our industry-leading product offerings include TV Mirrors, Lighted Mirrors, Weatherproof Outdoor Displays and a new, first-in-kind SMART Mirrors. To learn more visit www.seura.com.
Imagine yourself working for us
Séura is looking for a person that will be responsible for the design, development and commercialization of high impact projects. He/she will be responsible for regularly creating innovative solutions to new product concepts and technical challenges. Use advanced engineering technologies, gain experience working with and leading cross-functional teams, and accomplish strategic company objectives.
- Convert product requirements into technical specifications, develop conceptual and detailed designs along with necessary risk assessments; perform engineering analysis, prototyping and/or testing required to achieve robust and cost-effective solutions
- Assist with, lead and manage a variety of projects concurrently within timelines and budgets
- Analyze and evaluate factory manufacturing processes, systems, equipment, and materials in terms of their associated cost, time, ergonomic, quality, and quantity factors
- Assist sales, engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing personnel in problem solving activities related to assigned area for product support
- Develop specifications and select qualified vendors to source components and/or finished goods from domestic and overseas vendors
- Support production by developing manufacturing processes and procedures, training staff, and developing of quality standards
Success requires the following
- Enrolled in a BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Ability to apply advanced design, problem-solving, development, evaluation, and quality control techniques to engineering concepts and projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed to communicate across all levels within and outside the organization
- Coachable, yet able to work with minimal supervision while providing useable project output
- Previous Solidworks experience preferred—we are looking for a Solidworks wizard!!
- Part time hours, with the ability to flex to 40 hours per week during school breaks
Happy, Energetic, Welcoming, Unique, Driven, Teamwork, Innovating and Fun. These are just a few of the words that current Séura employees use when asked to describe our culture. We also have a Culture Club that keeps us entertained—from Olympic competitions to potlucks to events that give back to our local community. Working in a newly expanded, modern facility is pretty great too!
Ready to be a part of all of this? Send your resume and introductory letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you are the next excellent addition to our team!!