Skip to main

NEWS

Séura Stands Alone with 100% Tariff-Free Lighted Mirrors

Updated May 24, 2019. Originally released October 25, 2018.

Séura, the leader in lighted mirror and designer technology, confirms that 100% of Séura products are tariff-free, including their new value-engineered lighted mirror line, Séura Select.

On Monday, September 24, 2018, United States Customs started collecting an additional 10% tariff on $200 billion worth of Chinese-origin imports. This tariff rose another 15% on May 10, 2019, totaling a 25% tariff on Chinese imports.

tariff-free-lighted-mirrors.jpg

Séura holds a unique position in the lighted mirror industry, manufacturing 100% of their lighted mirror products in the United States making 100% of their lighted mirror products tariff-free. This is in contrast to the majority of lighted mirror companies who are sourcing their products from China and now incurring the 25% tariff.

While the majority of the lighted mirror product category is being impacted by tariffs on Chinese imports, our products are not, and we don’t expect them to be impacted in the future.
tim-factory.jpg

As the industry grows, more offshore products have entered the category and quality standards have slipped. Many lighted mirror companies have introduced value-engineered lines that are manufactured in China. When developing Séura Select, the company made a conscious effort to invent a best-in-class, American-made, value-engineered option. This budget-friendly product line is manufactured in Séura's Green Bay, Wisconsin facility without the risk of imports, including no tariffs.

The quality and the craftsmanship of what we're able to deliver here in Green Bay, Wisconsin is second to none. It's the attention to detail and craftsmanship of our employees that has given Séura the edge against global competition.

To learn more about Séura Lighted Mirrors and to request a quote, visit www.seura.com.

About Séura

Founded in 2003, Séura (seer-ah) is a world-class manufacturer of outdoor TVs, indoor waterproof TVs, TV mirrors, smart mirrors, and lighted mirrors. What started as a vision by husband and wife team Tim and Gretchen Gilbertson to bridge the gap between design and technology has evolved into a dream to eliminate that gap. Today they’re working to find the perfect harmony of design and technology in every product and project so each individual gets the most from every space they’re in.