Séura is currently recruiting extraordinary, passionate and innovative people who can help us make good on our promise that we are the best! The primary responsibilities of the Financial Analyst are to assist with monthly financial reporting, analysis, and forecasting as well as the annual budget process. The Financial Analyst provides financial and analytical support for management decision making.
Who YOU are
An "A" player, with accounting experience, and determination to get things done for our customers. Self-confident. A quick learner. We need someone who can take the initiative and find a way to get it done!
What we offer
We offer the chance to work in an environment where taking initiative and ownership of your work is part of the job, and we are relentless about improvement. We celebrate each other's wins, and demonstrate a high level of respect for every team member. We believe that going the extra mile separates the average person from the extraordinary "A" player.
Imagine yourself working for us
Séura is currently recruiting extraordinary, passionate and innovative people who can help us make good on our promise that we are the best! If you share our passion, then this Financial Analyst position is a perfect fit for you!
The primary responsibilities of the Financial Analyst are to assist with monthly financial reporting, analysis, and forecasting as well as the annual budget process. The Financial Analyst provides financial and analytical support for management decision making.
- Perform financial analysis such as rate of return, depreciation, working capital, investment and financial and expense performance comparisons
- Prepares reports, graphs and charts of data developed
- Prepares forecasts and analyzes trends
- Assists in the development of organization financial policies and conducts special studies
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Assist with monthly analysis of business unit performance and highlights drivers of variances vs. budget and forecast.
- Work with non-finance departments to review results of analysis and develop rolling forecasts.
- Monitor trends of key financial metrics and drivers.
- Prepare and/or review capital spending proposals with ROI analysis.
- Compare departmental budgets against actual data with variance analysis.
- Prepare detailed schedules for important revenue and expense categories.
- Assist in distributing and providing support to end users.
- Determines cost of operations by collecting operational data by product line.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Increases productivity by developing data collection methods and coordinating information requirements.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting and two to four years of relevant experience.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and procedures, including reporting, analysis, forecasting, and budgeting is required.
- Strong applied knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Proficiency with accounting software systems, including QuickBooks, strongly preferred.
- Desire to challenge the status quo and pursue continuous process improvement.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Effective communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and an enthusiastic team member.