Séura is looking for a Mechanical Engineer that will be responsible for the design, development, evaluation, and quality control functions of critical projects in our Hospitality area. He/she will be responsible for regularly offering innovative solutions to new product concepts and technical challenges. Using advanced engineering technologies, this individual will accomplish engineering objectives and be recognized as the leader in this area of expertise.
What we offer
We are a healthy, rapidly growing company with a tremendous opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer. Picture this…getting the chance to work with the latest cutting edge audio visual technology as well as sheet metal, paints, adhesives, glass and coatings. Gain an expertise in heat transfer, as well as managing million-dollar projects and interfacing with a talented team of Industrial Designers, Artists, Marketing and Manufacturing experts. All this is available to you as you gain Solidworks experience working on the latest designs in consumer products. Sound appealing? It gets even better…
We offer the chance to work in an environment where taking initiative and ownership of your work is part of the job, and we are relentless about improvement. We celebrate each other’s wins, and demonstrate a high level of respect for every team member. We believe that going the extra mile separates the average person from the extraordinary “A” player.
Who YOU are
An “A player”. Self-confident. A quick learner. Looking for a career with virtually unlimited potential that gives you great experience in a wide variety of engineering areas. An Engineer through and through.
Who WE are
We are a cutting edge company that started in a garage. We will never forget our roots. We dream big. Then go bigger. We bend over backward to move the industry forward. We make it happen. Day in. Day out. We don’t reflect an image. We define image. We believe quality is what creates luxury. We never cut corners. We make American products with global appeal. We know you have a choice – that motivates us. We are tenacious. We are unstoppable. We innovate. We design. We create. We are Séura.
Séura, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of high-design technology solutions for residential and commercial industries worldwide. Séura offers a comprehensive portfolio of outdoor televisions, television mirror displays, lighted mirrors, and waterproof televisions with global appeal. We are positioned through a variety of channels, including contract commercial, residential audio-video and hospitality markets. To learn more about our company, visit us at www.seura.com.
Imagine yourself working for us
A fast growing and innovative company, Séura is hiring a Mechanical Engineer. We are looking for a person that will be responsible for the design, development, evaluation, and quality control functions of critical projects in our Hospitality area. He/she will be responsible for regularly offering innovative solutions to new product concepts and technical challenges. Using advanced engineering technologies, this individual will accomplish engineering objectives and be recognized as the leader in this area of expertise.
- Assist sales, engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing personnel in problem solving activities related to assigned area for product support
- Convert product requirements into technical specifications, develop conceptual and detailed designs along with necessary risk assessments; perform engineering analysis, prototyping and/or testing required to achieve robust and cost effective solutions.
- Lead and manage a variety of projects concurrently within timelines and budgets.
- Analyze and evaluate factory manufacturing processes, systems, equipment, and materials in terms of their associated cost, time, ergonomic, quality, and quantity factors.
- Develop specifications and select qualified vendors to source components and/or finished goods from domestic and overseas vendors.
- Support production by developing manufacturing processes and procedures, training staff, and developing of quality standards.
- Provide second level technical support to internal sales and external customers.
Success requires the following
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a 4 year college or university desired.
- 3+ years of experience in product design, specifying manufacturing processes for electro-mechanical designs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate across all levels within and outside the organization.
- Coachable, yet able to work with minimal supervision while providing useable project output. Demonstrated history of taking products from concept through commercialization.
- Ability to apply advanced design, problem-solving, development, evaluation, and quality control techniques to engineering concepts and projects.
- Minimum two years designing with sheet metal. Strong familiarity with painting processes, specialty metal finishing, adhesives, fasteners, and electrical assemblies is a plus.
- Proficient with SolidWorks or a 3D equivalent design software.