The Second Shift Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations in a manufacturing and assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. It also manages all employees on second shift, and is also responsible for performance management of the second shift production staff.
- Verify all testing & record keeping methods are in use
- Verify that Quality control program is being adhered to
- Maintain product output to meet expected goals
- Inspect all work, follow all SOP’s and One Point lessons
- Manage multiple areas of production
- Demonstrate an effective leadership style that commands respect from subordinates
- Implement cost reduction systems
- Maintain zero lost time accidents
- Analyze and improve production processes to ensure efficiency
- Lead initiatives to reduce cost through LEAN projects
- Coach and develop employees
- Anticipate problems with production that may interfere with production schedules
- Perform accident investigations
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Strong leadership skills
- Normal work hours for this position are Monday through Thursday 3:15 p.m. to 1:45 a.m., with overtime or weekend hours as required.
SUCCESS REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and work on feet for 8 hrs.
- Ability to read and understand CAD drawings and BOM’s
- Ability to understand units of measurement and use a tape measure to a 16th of an inch
- Ability to use basic power & hand tools
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook on a PC platform
WHO YOU ARE
An “A player”. Self-confident. A quick learner. Looking for a career with virtually unlimited potential that gives you great experience in a wide variety of areas.
WHO WE ARE
We are a cutting edge company that started in a garage. We will never forget our roots. We dream big. Then go bigger. We bend over backward to move the industry forward. We make it happen. Day in. Day out. We don’t reflect an image. We define image. We believe quality is what creates luxury. We never cut corners. We make American products with global appeal. We know you have a choice – that motivates us. We are tenacious. We are unstoppable. We innovate. We design. We create. We are Séura.
Séura, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of high-design technology solutions for residential and commercial industries worldwide. Séura offers a comprehensive portfolio of outdoor televisions, television mirror displays, lighted mirrors, and waterproof televisions with global appeal. We are positioned through a variety of channels, including contract commercial, residential audio-video and hospitality markets. To learn more about our company, visit us at www.seura.com.
WHAT WE OFFER
We have a culture that supports a commitment to family, balance and wellness, by offering paid vacation and holidays, health insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible summer hours, a comprehensive employee wellness program and a confidential Employee Assistance Program. We also believe in sharing and celebrating our successes and offer an appealing gain-sharing program.